Leader Products Pinkeye Patches aid in the treatment of Pinkeye (Infectious Bovine Keratoconjunctivitis) in Cattle. Pinkeye Patches promote the healing of the eye and helps prevent the spread of the disease throughout your herd.
The economic impact of Pinkeye (Infectious Bovine Keratoconjunctivitis) is enormous. Due to the pain and impaired vision, affected animals suffer a severe setback. If left untreated, permanent blindness may occur.
The predisposing causes of Pinkeye include dust, sunlight and flies. Sunlight can increase the severity of the disease and flies can also contribute to its spread. The causative bacteria has been found to live on flies for up to three days.
Covering the eye with a Pinkeye Patch offers an effective once only treatment (requiring only one yarding) which lessens the severity of the disease, promotes the healing of the eye and helps prevent the spread of disease throughout the herd.
The adhesive has been specially formulated to be not harmful in any manner to delicate eye tissue (although best practice is to avoid eye contact). Do not use any other adhesive to apply patches.
Features and Benefits:
- Aids the treatment of Pinkeye in Cattle
- Easily applied.
- Single application.
- One yarding only.
- Helps prevent spread of disease.
Instructions for Application
- Place animal in bailhead
- With halter or rope, tie the unaffected side of the bailhead. Check for foreighn bodies (ie grass seeds)
- Place a thick, continuous bead of glue around the patch perimeter approximately 1 centimetre from the edge (do not smoke while applying). The patch is a suitable size for adult cows and may be trimmed for smaller animals.
- Place over the eye with the eyeball positioned at the centre of the patch. For 1-2 minutes, smooth and pat down the patch over the glued area to allow good penetration.
- The patch will generally fall off in 2-3 weeks. Temporary hair loss from the glued area may occur.