- CoolStance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 20 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fibre (15 MJ DE/kg DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behaviour in horses
- Contains < 11% Non Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low GI feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, flaxseed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested.
- MCT from coconut oil may have antimicrobial actions from the Lauric and Caprylic acid
- MCT are thought to maintain a healthy gut
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May improve body, hoof and coat condition.
- Reduces hay requirement
- May avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS)