Johnson's Fibre Safe
Johnson's Fibre Safe
Johnson’s Fibre Safe is a high fibre, low starch and low sugar pelleted feed. Made from a selection of Premium Australian Fibres and Super Fibres, it is grain and molasses free.
Formulated as a cool feed, it is suitable for all horses and ponies in light, medium or hard work, retired or spelling horses, breeding and growing horses. Provides very low starch and sugar levels, which may make it a suitable feed for horses who tie up, or suffer from Laminitis, Cushings, Insulin Resistance, Equine Metabolic Syndrome etc. Fibre Safe is a suitable substitute for roughage such as pasture, hay, chaff if quality or availability is limited, or in cases where horse’s teeth prevent them from chewing adequately.
- Fibre Safe is designed to be fed wet. Soak 1 part Fibre Safe with 3 parts water for 5 mins (warm water) or 10 mins (cold water) before feeding.
- Introduce any new feeds into your horse’s diet gradually over a 1-2 week period.
- Designed to be fed in conjunction with roughage such as pasture and hay. Horses should receive a minimum of 1.5% of their body weight in roughage per day.
- Fibre Safe can replace up to 50% of the roughage component of a horse’s diet if pasture/hay is limited. Contact Johnson’s Natural Formula if you wish to replace more than 50% of the roughage component.
- Divide into smaller feeds if feeding over 0.5kg per 100kg of body weight per day.
- Ensure your horse always has access to clean water.
- Johnson’s Natural Formula feeds may be fed alone, or mixed with other ingredients (eg. chaff or grains).
- Fibre Safe is not a complete feed and should be fed as part of a balanced ration.
- For additional information and recommendations contact Johnson’s Natural Formula.
Feeding rates may be influenced by age, workload, body condition, appetite, and pasture or hay availability.
Fibre Safe weighs about 5 times more than the same volume of chaff (before soaking).
Johnson’s Fibre Safe contains a blend of Lupins and Lupin Hulls, Low Sugar Cereal Hay and Straw, Lucerne Hay, Legume Hulls and GMO free Soy Oil.