MDL Mudgee Dolomite. (The 1kg & 5 kg size is repackaged in a clear plastic bag)
Dolomite is a 100% natural produce used neutralising soil acidity and providing calcium and magnesium. Dolomite is a term used by geologists to describe rocks containing Carbonates of Calcium and Magnesium.
What does Dolomite do?
- Dolomite reduces soil acidity. Clay soils generally require slightly higher applications then sandy soils to achieve similar results.
- Dolomite neutralises the acidifying effects of heavy applications of most chemical fertilizers.
- Dolomite supplies Magnesium and Calcium which are essential plant foods.
- Dolomite, by increasing the PH of acid soils allows many of the plant nutrients in the soil to become more readily available. These nutrients include Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sulphur, Calcium, Magnesium, and Molybdenum. Dolomite applications also prevent Manganese, Iron and Aluminium Toxicity.
- Dolomite improves soil structure.
- Dolomite hastens the decomposition of raw organic matter.
Dolomite for Worm Farms:
Dolomite is an important additive for a healthy worm farm. Being an alkaline material it is effective at neutralizing acidic conditions in the worm farm that may arise from fruit and vegetable scraps. The gritty consistency of dolomite also helps worms process food waste more quickly. Dolomite is a great way to fix magnesium into your soils via worm castings and vermiliquid. We also know that dolomite is an effective deterrent against many mites and other critters taking up residence in the worm farm in great numbers.